BULATS Online - Speaking Test
- Assesses oral skills
- Lasts for about 15 minutes
- Currently only available in English, but a version in French, German and Spanish are planned
Possible Business-topics for the test
- Buy and Sell
- Products and Services
- Economics and Stock markets
- Office environments
- Conversation with clients
- Business trip
There are 5 parts in the BULATS Speaking Test
- Part 1: Interview - You will be asked questions about yourself, your job, your career and your future (e.g. What is your job?).
- Part 2: Reading aloud - You will read out 8 sentences.
- Part 3: Presentation - You will talk for one minute about a work-related topic (e.g. The perfect office).
- Part 4: Presentation of charts - You will talk for one minute about one or more charts (e.g. circle or line diagram) regarding a business-related topic (e.g. exports).
- Part 5: Communication - You will give your opinion about 5 different questions to different scenarios (e.g. planning a conference).
Assessment of the BULATS Speaking Tests
The test is marked by an experienced and approved Cambridge ESOL examiner. The result of the test and test report are available within 24 hours on working days.